Now, your devices also let you type the Apple ASCII symbol, but it is not obvious. In case, if the special Apple ASCII character is typed out. Most people will find entering the logo symbol useful for referring to products. Then you can also Play or Music like in Apple’s marketing copies. Also, the others will be pleased to just save a few characters in social media apps. Social media like Twitter and Instagram.
So, if you have likely noticed by now, this is your Mac keyboard lacks a dedicated Apple symbol. Now, the key also despite this special character being actually available to type out on your devices.
What is Apple ASCII on foreign platforms?
So, the Apple ASCII character renders properly across any iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, Apple TV, or Apple Watch. In case, if you type this by using the iOS, macOS, and tvOS software. Now, the watchOS, Dictation, and Scribble provide no way to enter the Apple logo whatsoever. This is on foreign platforms and web browsers that are just like Google Chrome, Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. So, the symbol may show as a simple square, a strange character, or also something entirely different. Then this is not Apple’s fault.
Now, both the Windows and Apple logos are in the private use area of the ASCII. So, the extended character is set because the standard Unicode is also set. Then the lack of the corporate logo characters. It is just because of different implementations, these special symbols don’t show as visible on other platforms.
What is Apple ASCII symbol codes?
So, the Apple symbol is also included in the ASCII extended character. You can also set with these values:
- The Decimal: 240
- A Hexadecimal: F0
- The Unicode: U+F8FF
You have to visit the website Alt-Codes.net to find numeric values of special characters. Then follow this along so we teach that you how to properly type the Apple symbol on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple TV. Now, by using non-Apple platforms such as Microsoft Windows.
Ways to type logo:
So, Here is how to enter the Apple logo with your devices.
Apple ASCII On Mac:
You have to type the Apple symbol on your Mac, use the following keystroke combo:
The Option (?)-Shift (?)-K. Then the shortcut also works with the standard US English keyboard layout. You have to visualize character placement on the Mac keyboard. Now, choose the option Show Keyboard Viewer from the Input Source popover in macOS’s menu bar. On the other hand, the venture into the System Preferences. Then click on the Keyboard and then click on the Input Sources.
So, The Mac keyboard shortcut produces the Apple logo symbol. Now, Keyboard Viewer also helps to visualize key assignments for special symbols. You have to reveal additional hidden characters, press a modifier key like Control (?) or Command (?).
Then the International users also rely on world keyboards with different layouts than the standard US QWERTY keyboard. It can also add the US English layout using the Keyboard preference pane. Then switch to it to enter the Apple logo symbol. Now, this is also the more elegant solution. Then create a custom text replacement as outlined further below.
Apple ASCII On The iPhone and iPad:
Now, the macOS’s Option (?)-Shift (?)-K. The keyboard shortcut also has no alternative on iOS. So, There is no Keyboard Viewer on iPhone, but iOS include a dedicated feature. This feature is for entering phrases and the special symbols, called Text Replacements. You can also found in macOS, then it can automatically replace a word or a phrase. This is with custom text, like turning “(c)” into the copyright symbol. After that, you can also leverage Text Replacements to type the Apple logo on iOS.
1) You have to Open Settings on your iPhone or iPad.
2) Then Tap on the General option.
3) Now, Tap on the Keyboard.
4) After that, Tap on the Text Replacement.
5) Then Hit “+“ in the top-right corner to create a new text replacement.
6) You have to Copy the Apple logo symbol from this post on your iOS device. Click and then hold the next to Phrase. Also, select the Paste from the bubble menu to insert the symbol.
7) Then click on the next button to Shortcut and then enter a custom snippet. You have to be replaced with the Apple logo. Now, I use “appl,” but you may choose another snippet. You have to avoid triggering the replacement by accident. Then use a unique letter combination that is not a part of any common word or phrase.
8) After that, click on the Save in the top-right corner to finish making changes. Then your shortcut will automatically expand into the Apple logo symbol as you type.
In this case, if you can easily enter the Apple logo using your iOS device or Mac. This is into your emails, texts, documents, notes, and more. Now, simply you can also hit the Space bar after typing the “aapl” shortcut. Then the system will also replace it with the Apple logo character.
After that, text replacements are kept in sync across iOS and macOS through iCloud. Then you can also use the same shortcut to type on the Apple logo symbol on your Apple devices. In case, if you pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your iPhone and iPad. Then you can also enter the Apple logo symbol by pressing the same Option (?)-Shift (?)-K. Now, keystroke like on your Mac.
The Apple Watch:
Now, there is currently no way to type the Apple logo with your Apple Watch. Also, Dictation and Scribble, that the two primary input methods in watchOS. This won’t let you enter the Apple symbol. Now, by using your voice as you can with punctuation and formatting.
In this case, the logo does show as visible on the watch in apps like Messages and Reminders. The reason is that it also includes the default fonts of the watchOS operating system.
The Apple TV:
You have to type the Apple ASCII on your Apple TV than do the following:
1) First of all, you have to go to Settings. Then click on the Remotes and Devices then tap on the Bluetooth on your fourth-generation Apple TV or Apple TV 4K. Now, for earlier models, venture into the Settings. Then click on the General ? Bluetooth.
2) If Apple TV finds nearby Bluetooth devices then select your keyboard from the list.
3) In case, if asked then enter the four-digit code and then press Enter.
4) You have to navigate to the section of an Apple TV app that accepts text. It is just like YouTube’s search feature.
5) Then press the Option (?)-Shift (?)-K. Now, on the wireless keyboard to enter the Apple symbol. After that, Pair a wireless keyboard with your Apple TV to type the Apple symbol faster. It is just like that, the symbol is written out on your TV!
The Apple TV Remote app:
In case, if you don’t have a wireless keyboard for your Apple TV. Then use your iPhone for typing:
1) This is On your iPhone or iPad with iOS 11+, open Settings. Then click on the Control Center ? Customize Controls. You have to tap on the “+” button next to Apple TV Remote.
2) Then Be sure to set up a shortcut on your iOS device that will replace “appl” with “?”, as explained in the iPhone and iPad section. Now, this is by dealing with Text Replacements.
3) Among the Apple TV Remote widget added to your iOS Control Center. You can also highlight any text input field on your Apple TV using your Siri Remote.
4) Now, On your iPhone or iPad, you have to open Control Center. Then tap on the widget you just added, then choose your Apple TV from the list. You have to enter the four-digit passcode that appears on the Apple TV screen. In case, if necessary. On the other hand, press a notification that pops up on the Lock screen of your iPhone. This is upon selecting a text field on your Apple TV.
Now, the Control Center widget works only with the fourth-generation Apple TV. Also, the Apple TV 4K that requires an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 or later.
After that, the owner of the older Apple TV models is free to download the Apple TV Remote app or the iTunes Remote app from App Store. You can also set it up to remotely control your set-top box. Now, you will be able to type the Apple logo and then access additional features. It is just like Now Playing and Game mode. To Rename my Apple TV as ?a TV. To Enter the Apple symbol on Apple TV using the Dictation feature is unsupported.
So, as we mentioned earlier, the Apple symbol is defined in the extended ASCII character. You can also set this in one of a private-use character points. Also, it is intended for apps and the devices that you need to display. The glyphs are unspecified by the Unicode standard.
Also, Unicode does not contain any corporate logos as part of the standard character set. This is why the Apple symbol in a PDF or Word document. In many cases, it won’t show as visible on non-Apple platforms like Windows and Linux.
Now, on Windows, there are many ways to enter special characters. So, We will focus on alt codes that require holding the Alt key while typing a 4-code decimal value. After that, you can also find the full Unicode character code list at unicode-table.com.
1) First of all, you have to open a document where you would like to insert the Apple logo symbol.
2) You have to be sure that the Num Lock key is on. Now, you can also press and then hold the left Alt key.
3) You can also Press “0” on the numeric keypad.
4) Then Press “2” on the numeric keypad.
5) To Press “4” on the numeric keypad.
6) Now, Press “0” on the numeric keypad.
The NOTE: In this case, you must put in the leading zero even though the character’s decimal code is “240.” Also, if your laptop lacks a numeric keypad, do this:
1) You have to Open a document where you would like to see the Apple logo symbol.
2) Then Press F 8 F F on the keyboard and the Unicode value of the Apple logo symbol.
3) Now, Press the Alt-X.
Now, the Apple symbol will be inserted at the current cursor position. Then Microsoft apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. So, there are dedicated options for entering special characters. You have to see a graphical representation of special symbols in Windows. Then open the stock Character Map app (charmap.exe). In this case, the alt-code trick won’t work if your chosen font lacks the Apple logo definition.
Now, switch to the Baskerville Old Face font in Character Map. Then select the Apple logo, click Select and choose Copy to put the character on the system clipboard. Now, there you can paste it into other apps using the standard Ctrl-V shortcut.
Also, the Apple logo or any other special character or symbol can be typed out in your blog posts or webpages. This is by using the HTML entities hexadecimal notation followed by a character’s Unicode hexadecimal value. So, the Apple logo symbol has the Unicode value F8FF. You have to use the Apple logo in your webpage then type the following in HTML code . Now, You should see the ? character when the page is rendered in a browser.
Most people will find entering the logo symbol useful for referring to products. Then you can also Play or Music like in Apple’s marketing copies. Also, the others will be pleased to just save a few characters in social media apps. Social media like Twitter and Instagram.
Hope this guide will help you to resolve this issue. If You have any query let us know in the comments below!