Well, Guys! The most common error message that new Cydia users will also run into is the error which simply says that the Failed to fetch […] HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found. However, this is a general 404 message that you guys get when you visit a webpage location that no longer exists. Usually, this would not be a big deal, but it also causes an error message simply to appear in Cydia each time you refresh your list of packages. And its efforts to pull data from the non-existent UltraSn0w repo. In this guide, you will learn the way to fix the error by Cydia: “Failed to Fetch” by removing the UltraSn0w repo
Fix the error by Cydia: “Failed to Fetch” by removing the UltraSn0w repo
You will also get an error that expresses: Similarly, some index files also failed to download, that they also have been ignored, or previous ones used instead. Yup, so guys that’s not a big deal. But it is still a huge frustration. Just because this interrupts the stream of refreshing the list of Cydia packages. However, the reality is just that you will likely never have to use the UltraSn0w. And even whether you guys did, though you are also able to always add the repo back to Cydia manually.
Way to remove the Dev Team UltraSn0w repo and prevent the “failed to fetch errors”
- First of all, you have to head to the Cydia and click the Manage tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Now click the Sources.
- Click Edit in the upper right-hand corner of the Sources page. Next, click the red minus sign next to Dev Team and remove the Dev Team UltraSn0w repo.
- Now you must have to click the Done in the upper right-hand corner.
- Here click the Changes tab at the bottom of the screen. Click the Refresh button in the upper left-hand corner simply to refresh your Cydia sources.
- Finally, you guys should notice that the errors from the UltaSn0w repo have stopped taking place.
However, that is all. Definitely, adding the UltraSn0w back is just as simple as removing it. Rather than using Edit > remove, just use Edit > Add on the Sources page, & type in UltraSn0w’s repo address.
Must read this article: iOS 9.3.3 32 Bit Jailbreak: Tihmstar Launches JailbreakMe 4.0
Adding UltraSn0w repo back to Cydia to Fix the error by Cydia: “Failed to Fetch” by removing the UltraSn0w repo
- Well, Here you guys have to first of all head to the Cydia and there click the Manage tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Sources.
- Click the Edit in the upper right-hand corner of the Sources page. Next must click the Add button in the upper left-hand corner.
- Then type in UltraSn0w’s repo address: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com and click Add Source.
- Presuming the repo is up & operational. So you guys should view a black screen simply displaying the source being added and also the packages being downloaded. Whether you get a “cannot find” error message, so then UltraSn0w is likely down.
Well, Guys! You have to remember that relying on the status of the repo. So then you guys may or may not be able to add it right away. However, the UltraSn0w also looks to be pretty fussy and goes offline too much. Thus the reason for the error message happening in the first place.
However, considering that UltraSn0w will rarely whether ever be used by you. There is simply no harm in clearing it, at least temporarily, in order to help to accelerate the Cydia. Similarly, the reduced frequency of repo error messages will save you a few extra strands of hair as you navigate via the Cydia on a day-to-day basis.
Usually, this would not be a big deal, but it also causes an error message simply to appear in Cydia each time you refresh your list of packages. And its efforts to pull data from the non-existent UltraSn0w repo.
Well, We hope that you guys like the guide if you have any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below. So please let us know whether this tutorial was able to benefit you in the comment section below. We will wait for your responses.