Google Chrome provides you the option to save multiple Google accounts. So that you can easily switch back and forth between profiles whenever browsing. Let’s now discuss how can you Remove Google Account from Chrome.
You can also add a Google account to Chrome at any time and just as easily remove one as well. If it is an old work account that you no longer use or a friend’s account that they used briefly on your PC. Then you can also remove a Google account through the opening and using a settings menu in your browser actually.
Why My Google Account Sign in to My Chrome Profile?
If you guys have ever used an Apple product, then you will know that most of its products are linked to an Apple ID actually. Google products basically work in much the same way, where a single Google account is used for Chrome bookmarks, Google search history, YouTube recommendations, and much more than that.
Well, as part of that link, Chrome automatically tries to link any Chrome profiles. That is not already connects to a Google account whenever you sign in to Google on the web actually. Through syncing your Chrome profile, Google also tries to keep your history, bookmarks, and much more accessible across multiple devices as well.
You actually do not need to have a Chrome profile that is linked to any account. Indeed, you can multiple Chrome profiles that are unlinked or linked to different Google accounts as well, if you guys prefer.
If you’d prefer unlinked Chrome profiles, then you will have to stop Chrome from syncing to Google in the first place actually.
Turn off Automatic Google Account Sign Ins in Chrome
Well, chrome will, by default, automatically sync an unliked Chrome profile to a signed-in Google account. In order to stop this, you will need to turn off this process in Chrome’s settings.
- If you want to start, open Chrome and then press the settings menu icon in the top-right. From there, tap on the Settings option.
- This will then load the Chrome Settings menu in a separate tab actually.
- In the You and Google section, you have to tap the Sync and Google services option.
- Now in the Other Google services section, just click the slider next to the Allow Chrome sign-in setting.
- When the slider turns gray, then the setting will be disabled.
This will actually stop Chrome from automatically signing in to Google Chrome whenever you access Google services such as Gmail or YouTube online.
Remove Google Account from Chrome
If you guys already sign in to a Google account on a Chrome profile. Or if the Chrome has also linked your Google account to a Chrome profile automatically, then you guys will need to remove it.
- In order to do this, you have to open Chrome and tap on the profile icon in the top-right. This will appear as either a picture or icon, relying on your profile settings.
- Now in the profile menu, tap on the Manage People button.
- A list of Google Chrome profiles will then show as cards. If you want to remove a Google account from Chrome, then just tap on the settings menu icon in the top-right area of your profile card.
- Then in the drop-down menu that appears, click on the Remove This Person option.
- When pressed, the Chrome profile linked to your Google account will removed as well.
Use Multiple User Profiles in Google Chrome
In order to create a seamless user experience, Chrome actually automatically syncs your Google Chrome profile to your Google account. Now you know how can you remove a Google account from Chrome. It may also suit you to keep your Chrome profiles unlinked actually. You can also make use of multiple Chrome profiles in order to separate your work and home life also.
Well, removing a Google Account from Chrome is rather straightforward however, can cause complications, especially on Android, that gives how Google Accounts basically work on the platform. But provided that you sync your data to your Google Account first, you can just simply sign back in again even if, in case something goes wrong.
You are good to go. If you have any queries and issues related to this article then let us know in the comments section below.
Also See: Change network to private in Windows 10